The authority of Harrison's in a handy, full-color paperback devoted exclusively to Infectious Diseases
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"This book provides all the latest knowledge in the field and is supported by the scientific rigor and reliability that have defined Harrison's....This book is an essential compact clinical companion for students and clinicians alike....This book is complete, easy to navigate, and remarkably up to date. As the parent text does, this book devotes significant attention to the importance of obtaining a history and conducting a physical examination, the basic foundation of all medicine. It blends the other myriad aspects of infectious diseases and offers eminently readable and current management recommendations. Indeed, it should be regarded as an authoritative source of current information on infectious diseases."--Doody's Review Service
Featuring the chapters on Infectious Diseases that appear in the landmark Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 17e, this compact clinical companion delivers all the latest knowledge in the field, backed by the scientific rigor and reliability that have defined Harrison's.
You'll find coverage that reflects the expertise of renowned editors and contributors -- presented in a carry-anywhere format that makes it ideal for the classroom, the wards, or the point of care. With its ease of use, indispensable diagnosis-speeding guidelines, and acclaimed state-of-the-art strategies, Harrison's Infectious Diseases is a must for students and clinicians alike.
Harrison's Infectious Diseases delivers:
- Current, complete coverage of essential infectious diseases topics, including infections in organ systems, bacterial infections, viral infections, prion diseases, fungal and algal infections, and protozoal and helminthic infections
- 100+ high-yield Q&A drawn from Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine Self-Assessment and Board Review, 17e
- 6 complete chapters in print format from the Harrison's DVD
- 127 chapters written by experts who have made significant contributions to knowledge in their fields
- References and other material that have been updated since the publication of HPIM 17e
- Integration of pathophysiology with clinical management topics in each of the disease-oriented chapters
- Helpful appendix of laboratory values of clinical importance
The Harrison’s specialty series is written by the same world-renowned author team who brought you Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, 17e:
Anthony S. Fauci, MD; Eugene Braunwald, MD; Dennis L. Kasper, MD; Stephen L. Hauser, MD; Dan L. Longo, MD; J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD; Joseph Loscalzo, MD, PhD
Size: 38.4 Mb